Condo Insurance

Condo Insurance

It’s natural to assume that homeowners insurance and condominium owners insurance are the same thing, because, after all, isn’t your condo your home?

In fact, there are some clear differences between the two. Condo insurance is made up of two parts; one is your condo association’s master policy, the other is your personal condo insurance policy. The master policy typically covers the condo complex, building structure and the exterior of your unit. Your personal policy covers the permanent fixtures within your condo as well as your property and possessions, including things like your jewelry, watercraft or other valuables.

Your personal condo insurance also covers damage from events that could impact the inside of your condo, like theft, fire or vandalism, and even some expenses if you’ve had a covered loss and can’t inhabit your condo. Like a homeowner’s policy, condo insurance includes personal liability and covers your financial responsibilities if someone is injured on your property. If you have a home office, depending on the nature of your business, we can make sure it’s protected.

Your local Bearingstar agent has a full understanding of the unique needs of condo living in the Massachusetts and Connecticut areas. Your agent will guide you in selecting the best coverage for your situation and will discuss options for any additional protection you may need. And don’t forget—you can often save money when you insure both your condo and car with the same company.

With so many insurance options available, why not choose to work with agents who live and work right in your community? Call us today for a quote, or request a condo insurance quote online.

Trust Bearingstar to keep you and your family protected